Below are general directions for taking water doses for constitutional care only. Occasionally I give more customized directions which should be followed instead. If you have any questions, please contact me.
When ordering your remedy, please select the specified “LM” potency, and then choose “pellets.” A good source is Hahnemann Labs, which makes very high quality remedies. You may place an order through their website or by phone. Please make absolutely sure that you are ordering the correct remedy and potency.
Please read the directions below very carefully and completely. I know this is a lot to take in at first, but it will all become second nature when you get the hang of it. Taking your remedy will eventually take about a minute of your time, but it’s essential that you understand the correct way to take the remedy as well as the general safety guidelines. You can always contact me with questions.
When beginning a new remedy or a new dosage, always start off with a small dose, and slowly work your way up to the recommended dose.
I generally recommend that you start off taking the remedy once every 2 days. This way, you may be able to understand how the remedy is affecting you on the days you take it. Once you understand how you are under the influence of the remedy, daily use is OK but not necessary.
******Important****** – perhaps the most important part of taking this remedy. If you feel markedly different at any point, either better or perhaps worse, stop taking the remedy and contact me. These are all generally good signs, but your reaction to the remedy needs to be managed correctly for optimum benefit.
Preparing your LM Water Dose using Pellets
You will need:
- the remedy pellets
- a new or extremely clean glass dropper bottle or small glass bottle with a tight lid that is appromately 4-8 ounces in volume. I recommend a small mason jar that has not been used to previously store anything else.
- 4 oz. of spring or distilled water (do not use tap water unless absolutely necessary)
- a small amount of unflavored vodka or glycerin (optional)
- Measure 4 ounces (1/2 cup) of the water into the small glass bottle. (If you are particularly sensitive to homeopathic remedies or other medication, you may use 8 oz. or even up to 16 oz.)
- Open the remedy pellet bottle. Without touching the pellets, tap out 1-2 pellets into the cap of the remedy bottle.
- Drop the pellets into the water. Again do not touch the pellets! If you did by accident, just start over with new pellets and new water
- Store the remedy in the refrigerator. (if you don’t want to store in the fridge, preserve it like this: add 15 drops or about 1/4 teaspoon of the vodka to the remedy solution. If you are using glycerin, use a little more.
- Put the lid on relatively tightly, and allow the pellet(s) to dissolve.
This remedy solution will last up to a month. After a month, create a new one.
Taking the Remedy
- Be sure to have a clean palate. Don’t eat or drink anything for 15 minutes before or after taking the remedy.
- Every time you take the remedy, strike the solution bottle firmly but gently against the thick book or similar surface 5-10 times. This step is vital. This is called succussion of the remedy.
- Take just 2-3 drops (or approximately that much with a clean spoon) under the tongue. Do not swallow.
- Swish it around your mouth and under your tongue for a 5-15 seconds.
You will take this remedy daily or every other day, preferably in the morning, or as directed. If your primary complaint is insomnia or another complaint that occurs primarily at nighttime, you are free to take the remedy in the evening instead.
Avoid food, drink, toothpaste, gum, etc. for 15 to 30 minutes before and after the dose.
Store your remedy bottle and any solution you’ve made away in a dark, temperate, dry place, with no strong smells. This means perhaps in a drawer in your bedroom. This means not in a bathroom, a laundry room, or anywhere else with light, humidity, heat, or strong smells.
Try and avoid the following as your remedy acts:
- Camphor – including deep-heat rubs, Ben Gay, Tiger Balm, Carmex, and products such as these
- Any product, food, chemical, or smell to which you are particularly sensitive
- Close contact with electric blankets or heating pads
- Dental work: if you are having dental work done, please let me know
- Hard partying – alcohol and/or drug binges
- Skin medicines/topical steroids – believe it or not, skin symptoms can be a sign of improving health and must not be suppressed
Please email me 7-10 days after taking the remedy and update me on how you feel. Additionally, we will have a followup appointment in 4-6 weeks to assess your progress. As always, please let me know if you have any questions or require any additional information.
Please keep in touch while taking LM remedies. Email me once every week or two, especially at the beginning of any new dose with progress updates. If you are feeling good, feel free to skip several days or weeks between doses. Don’t worry, you are still healing. Most importantly, if you feel worse at any time, or there are any new symptoms of any kind, stop taking the remedy and contact me