Below are general directions for taking water doses for constitutional care only. Occasionally I give more customized directions which should be followed instead. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Please order a ½ or 2 dram vial of your recommended remedy and potency. A good source is Hahnemann Labs, which makes very high quality remedies. You may place an order through their website or by phone. Please make absolutely sure that you are ordering the correct remedy and potency.
Please read the directions below very carefully and completely. I know this is a lot to take in at first, but it will all become second nature when you get the hang of it:
Directions for preparing the remedy:
You will need: remedy pellets, distilled or spring water (not tap water), and a small, very clean glass can or bottle with a cap or lid
- Pour 4 oz. distilled or spring water into your small glass bottle.
- Shake out 2-3 remedy pellets into the cap. Don’t touch with your hand.
- Without touching the pellets, drop the pellets into the water and let them dissolve.
I recommend that you keep the solution in the refrigerator. Otherwise, it is likely to lose its potency relatively quickly. Or, you can use a small amount of vodka or grain alcohol in the solution to preserve it for a longer period.
Directions for taking the remedy:
- “Succuss” the remedy solution. This means that you strike the bottle gently but firmly against thick book or similar surface 5-10 times. Alternately, you can shake it vigorously for a few seconds. I know this sounds odd, but it is absolutely vital.
- Take a few drops or up to one teaspoon, swishing it around in your mouth for 5-10 seconds, especially letting some of the water solution under your tongue. Then ingest. Start with a small dose, and work your way up. This is highly individualized, and the best dose can vary day to day so it is up to you.
You will take this remedy daily or every other day, preferably in the morning, or as directed. If your primary complaint is insomnia or another complaint that occurs primarily at nighttime, you are free to take the remedy in the evening instead.
Avoid food, drink, toothpaste, gum, etc. for 15 to 30 minutes before and after the dose.
Store your remedy bottle and any solution you’ve made away in a dark, temperate, dry place, with no strong smells. This means not in a bathroom, a laundry room, or anywhere else with light, humidity, heat, or strong smells.
Try and avoid the following as your remedy acts:
- Skin medicines/topical steroids – believe it or not, skin symptoms can be a sign of improving health and must not be suppressed
- Camphor – including deep-heat rubs, Ben Gay, Tiger Balm, Carmex, and products such as these
- Any product, food, chemical, or smell to which you are particularly sensitive
- Close contact with electric blankets or heating pads
- Dental work: if you are having dental work done, please let me know
- Hard partying – alcohol and/or drug binges
Please email me 7-10 days after taking the remedy and update me on how you feel. We will meet for a followup appointment in 4-6 weeks or as needed. As always, please let me know if you have any questions or require any additional information.
Please keep in touch while taking water doses. Email me once a week with progress updates. If you are feeling good, feel free to skip several days or weeks between doses. Don’t worry, you are still healing. Most importantly, if you feel worse at any time, or you experience any new symptoms, stop taking the remedy and contact me.